Video Marketing Statistics From Around The Web
To showcase just how important video content is to local businesses, we’ve compiled a list of the latest video marketing statistics from around the web.
Video is here to stay. Even Mark Zuckerberg believes video is a critical part of our future. The sheer volume of video content online is growing exponentially, as these stats demonstrate.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google. (Alexa)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
- By 2020 there will be close to 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (Cisco)
Social Video Statistics
- 65% of people use YouTube to help them solve a problem. Want to build a house or remove weird parasites from your eye? YouTube might have the answer. (Google)
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views. (The Marketing Helpline)
- 45% of Twitter users want to see more videos from celebrities. (Twitter)
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device. (Twitter)
- Over 1.9 billion people use YouTube. That’s about one-third of the internet. (YouTube)
- The highest earner on YouTube made $22 million last year. He’s 7 years old.
- YouTube has 23,946,561 subscribers (and counting!) (SocialBlade)
- 62% of people said they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook Story. (Marketing Land)
- Facebook has over 8 billion video views per day. (TechCrunch)
- 75 million people visit Facebook’s video platform every day. (Adweek)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (G2 Crowd)
- Video promotions are now equally as popular as photo promotions on Facebook. (Socialbakers)
- Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos each day. (Mashable)
- More than 1 billion videos are viewed on TikTok every day. (MARKINBLOG)
- Video campaigns on LinkedIn have 50% view rates. (LinkedIn)
- Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined. (Wordstream)
- Mobile video ad spend is expected to be around 72% of the total digital ad spend this year. (eMarketer)
- Facebook is the most used platform for social marketers. (Sprout Social)
- 81% of businesses prefer to use Facebook for their video marketing. (Buffer)
Video Marketing Statistics
Don’t just take our word for it – check out these mind-boggling stats showing the proven power of using video to increase brand awareness and kick your marketing efforts into overdrive.
- Videos attach 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads. (MarketingSherpa)
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
- 25% of companies publish videos every week. (Buffer)
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands. (HubSpot)
- 65% of executives have gone to the marketer’s site and 39% have called them on the phone after watching a marketing video. (Forbes)
- 97% of marketers say video has helped users gain a better understanding of their products and services. (Hubspot)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- 50% of viewers aged 18-34 said they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favorite creator. (Google)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
- 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms. (Tubular Insights)
- Video is expected to make up 82% of internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
- YouTube video kills it with over five billion views every day VideoNitch
Video Marketing Best Practices
While video marketing is a powerful tool, there are a few things you should keep in mind before launching your video campaigns.
- Videos under two minutes long get the most engagement. (Wistia)
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on. (Instagram)
- Google Chrome blocks autoplay ads as a way to make the 82% of consumers that hate autoplay stick around. (Marketing Land)
- 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (Ad Age)
- 65% of viewers skip online video ads as soon as possible. (CNBC)
- 93% of marketers use video. (SingleGrain)
- 73% of B2B marketers say video positively impacts their ROI. (Tubular Insights)
As the above stats show, most web visitors are more than happy to be marketed to using video. However, many businesses don’t feel they have the time, ability, or budget to create the multimedia content that their audience craves.
That’s where Brand marketing Consultants can help. We develop custom video solutions that serve your needs and marketing goals.
Video marketing makes a difference in every vertical. Whether it’s B2B or B2C, the bottom line is the same: Viewers are consumers, and videos are designed to be consumed without asking too much of your audience.
That means you’ll connect with customers like never before, on their terms and in their preferred format.
If You Want To Increase Conversion And Exposure, You Need An Effective Video Marketing Strategy
STORY TELLING & ADVERTISING
Let Us Help You Develop A Video Marketing Strategy For Your Business